Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 10:10 AM   #18404
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakcam View Post
OT, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My dad worked at Meremere power station (NZ) before I was born, but died of asbestosis in 1978 because of it, he was 62, I was 9. My mum was part of a suit against James Hardie and won a small payout back in the early 80s. Good luck to you, I hope you get a decent payout.

Cheers,
Kraig
I know this has gone off topic ( Russell and Mods ) but I have to answer this as a courtesy, dident want to PM!
Thank you for your concern, but I think times have changed since your mum sued James Hardie, I think Bernie Banton has a lot to do with bringing James Hardie to justice, that company is a national disgrace, they changed their name to Amaca Pty Ltd for litigation purposes, just to try keep the James Hardie brand out of the news.

I don't think I will be alive to enjoy the spoils for either claim, they reckon 3 to 4 months for the asbestos and 6 to 8 months for my spinal injury, but my Perth solicitor who is doing my will and is executor of my estate is in contact with the Sydney Lawyers so any monies is paid to my estate!

But it's different now to when your mum claimed, by rights she should of been paid back then about $250,000, you too could of claimed as a child aged 9 years for loss of your father.
Litigation is a dirty business, but it has to be done before these employers kill the whole work force, that's not a joke, James Hardie knew in the 60's that asbestos and asbestos cement products were lethal if inhaled, they dident care, very sad really, and they blame everything on smoking, that is the excuse, smoking, except for mesothelioma which I dident have.

Thank you for your concern and kind words!

Kind Regards Billy.

Last edited by slowsnake; 10-02-2022 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Autospell
This user likes this post: