View Single Post
Old 14-09-2021, 05:51 PM   #1498
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
That sounds very familiar!

For me, I get (more than enough) social interaction at work with customers and colleagues, outside of that all I want to do is hide away. And I mean that in the sense I find the solitude comforting, I don't have to fake the smile, I'm not being judged, I can just be who I am. Maybe that's half of my problem? All I know is I have always been a quiet person, some people just are, and that's totally OK.

I also think it is great that you have been doing stuff you love. That is so important. We spend so long working that we can often forget or just don't make the time for self care in the form of an interesting activity.
The thing is Deyon I never used to be that way. I was always looking for an excuse to go out anywhere, catch up with friends or go socialize. The mrs was the one who was wanting me to not do so much. But the past 2 yrs or so I have just hidden and I am finding it a lot easier to stay at home than to go out. It could be my age though, Im not sure. Covid has made the decision to stay at home easier too. Im not governed by the restrictions as much as I work from home and I find Im not spending anywhere near as much money as I once was.

I also dont have the patience for people as I used to either. I much rather not bother with them and deal with the BS.

It's given me time to try and work myself out too.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont