View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 11:11 PM   #155
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
Welcome to running your own business, that's why you have to work smarter not harder or you just go backwards. You have to take everything into account when it comes to pricing, including time wasted chasing people up, paperwork, downtime for repairs/servicing, wasted time doing quotes, insurance costs, time spent doing " induction courses " for every different job site, license costs, price of consumables skyrocketing due to covid supply issues or not being able to get them at all ect. Next thing you know to make it all worth while you have to charge $100 an hour for the 3 hours of actual physical work on the job site and put up with the uninformed complaining about your prices and how they could do it for half the price. All the while they have talked your ear off the whole time about how many investment properties they have and how successful they are.
I had a long term client last year tell me how expensive I was as we stood next to his brand new mansion, with another worker applying gold leaf to his newly installed Greek goddess statues. Told me that what I do was not rocket science and that I had to reduce my prices. And guess who is on the phone when his roses have bugs on them and wants them diagnosed and treated? And guess who is now having trouble finding someone to work for him?

One of the golden rules of life is to NEVER question what someone earns or what their time is worth until you know the facts. Just because a plumber, for example, charges $100 a hour, does not mean he actually earns $100 an hour.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
12 users like this post: