View Single Post
Old 25-01-2021, 11:20 PM   #3460
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Last summer, I heard a hard rain falling... Thought, no way, so walked outside and my evap unit was spraying water up in the air and all over my pergola's metal roof. Had to climb onto my roof and scorch my knees on the tiles to fix what was basically garden sprinkler hose lines (which I have in abundance from the previous owners)... I kid you not, exact same PVC pipe. Not that it mattered, as last summer was so smokey I couldn't turn it on. Touch wood, it's still working fine this summer, though I would agree (possibly with covid and less people driving through the year) the weather has been far more mild here in the ACT than I ever remember.
Yep sucked hard last year, been pretty nice so far with exception for the last few days which was the normal last year. I actually used masking tape to tape up my downlights and front door.

I was timing when there was a break in the smoke to pump my house full of "fresh air" using the evap and when it was coming in again I'd text my mum to turn hers off.

Funnily enough it was so bad one night that I actually slept in the spare bedroom where the water damage is now because it doesn't have a downlight but the typical light fittings
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: