Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #8206
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Perhaps reference to the government's restrictions will help clarify the situation with respect to mask wearing in Vic:
  • You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home.
  • Wearing a face mask is only mandatory on public transport, while in taxis or ride share vehicles, or when going to large retail venues, including shopping centres, supermarkets and department stores.
  • Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended indoors and outdoors when you can’t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people.

So, you do not need to wear a mask in a smaller store, where you can maintain 1.5m distance from other people. I get that it seems strange to have to wear a mask in a shopping centre or supermarket, but not your local butcher, for eg. But, I think this is just a risk based approach. Larger store are likely to have more people pass through them. Therefore, if someone is C-19 infected in that environment, they are likely to spread C-19 to more people than if someone was infected in a smaller shop.

I do appreciate that not wearing of masks will not prevent infection in smaller stores, should someone be CV-19 infected, but the numbers exposed to it are likely to be much less than larger, more attended stores.

Seems like a reasonable approach to me.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post: