View Single Post
Old 22-11-2020, 01:05 AM   #5
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Alleged War Crimes by Australian Soldiers

The Inquiry was headed by Justice Brereton, a NSW Court of Appeal Judge who is also an officer in the ADF.

The NSW Court of Appeal is essentially the court below the High Court. Justice Brereton is incredibly astute. He would put little weight to hearsay and second/third hand hearsay.

Therefore given he did the inquiry and the conclusions are damning I consider that there is strong direct evidence supporting charges being laid.

And I agree Cav, those soldiers who are charged have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

But if it is proven that soldiers blooded newbies by cutting throats of civilian boys, killed civilians, that choppers squirted villagers running from them, that soldiers exterminated villagers unarmed and then planted radios/ak 47s to justify the killings- that is murder.

Very different to heat of battle, colleagues killed, and in the fog of battle killing collateral people.

That ABC footage of the SAS soldiers doing a raid, and the guy with the dog, his helmetcam footage shows a young guy being attacked by his dog, dog is pulled off, the afgan is lying in the grass, hands holding prayer beads, and a soldier goes up 4 foot from him and says to the sarge should I drop this c..t- the sarge gives a non commital response and the guy pumps 3 rounds into his head.

In the later inquiry it was said the guy had a radio and the sas guy shot him some 400 metres away. Absolute crap- it was an execution and in my book murder.

I feel sorry for young SAS soldiers who went in and they in reality had no option but to go along with what the senior guys were telling them to do.

Time for a reset and recalibration of the SAS.

But this stuff does not just happen in Australia. When I was in South Africa a captain in the normal army bragged about him witnessing their special forces who were called the recces wiping out a whole village in Angola (when there was a conflict with Angola)- it was chilling stuff and he seemed to have no appreciation that what he was bragging about were families of humans being exterminated.....

All sad when there are very decent people in the ADF and other armies.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
2 users like this post: