Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #7492
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
There is evidence, why are you saying there is none?
It's still early days but there are definitely long-term consequences and millions of people are going to be affected.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020100821133
Thanks, I just read it, and it just confirms everything I said. You need to read it properly, not just for some confirmation of bias. It is full of “mays” and “mights”. main part is about long term effects of ICU stays - not specifically covid. Nothing in it says anything to do as a direct result of Covid, apart from the inflammation - but other pre existing afflictions. So in that, it is exactly like other respiratory diseases.

All it can come up with is that people over 70 come out of it with cognitive issues. Of course they would, most people over 70 that have a serious disease of any type can struggle, my dad was never the same after being sick at 78, went from bright and alert to gone 2 years later. As i have posted before, studies in the flu shows nearly the same results to the same age bracket.

I am not disputing Covid is serious - it is worse than flu, and that if you have a pre existing ( perhaps unknown) issue you can be in trouble. But there is too much chicken little going on. If it was as bad as what the sky is falling people are saying there would be hundreds upon hundreds of stories of aussies unable to get out of be still, those stories are not there. The media would be all over it. We have at an absolute bare minimum 25000 people who have recovered. Some people just want this to be worse that what any evidence shows.

3 users like this post: