Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #6233
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
As an “outsider” looking in from the other side of our planet, and reading this thread on a daily basis I think...
What is becoming increasingly disturbing is the unbelievable division this virus is causing?
If you’re a “believer”, you’re labeled as someone incapable of making their own decisions and bowing to government control?
If you’re a “denier”, you’re labeled as an irresponsible wacko that doesn’t care about their grandma/grandpa?
I mean... Is THIS what Australia is becoming?
For nearly 4 years we’ve mocked and smirked at the US with the incredible divide Trump’s win has caused on their population....
FFS... The sheer utter hatred and contempt that republican supporters have for democrat supporters, and vice versa is unparalleled!
Is THIS where Australia’s future lies?
“A country divided, is a country defeated”
What happened to the great Aussie spirit of working together?
Sad, Sad bloody times Eh?
Fear not Charliewool, most of us still understand the sensible decisions that benefit most Australians come from the centre of politics. There is a lot of noise from the fringe, if we pay it too much attention we are in danger of heading down the toxic path the US finds it's self.

I think we are better than that. And from my limited travels in the USA so are they.

Most people I know are sick of lock down and want it to end, but also understand why it is being done.

Pretty much everyone has an opinion on how they would do it different/better...