View Single Post
Old 25-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #118
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Bronco reveal 13/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Jeep are worried alright, how do you compete with an iconic brand name like Bronco
that already has massive reservations near twelve months before Job 1.

The same nervousness is there with the new Ram TRX and it's 702 HP supercharged V8,
Ram wants to call it a slam dunk winner but Ford is making them sweat withholding details
and letting the internet speculation go wild imagining how the Raptor will ace Ram's baby.
Again, how does Ram compete with that, they can't while Ford holds court.

I'm sure that execs at Jeep and Ram will be sweating bullets waiting for Ford's responses
to their vehicles, I have a hunch that Ford's powertrain a will be the difference that matters.
I did find Jeeps point about the Wrangler being better, because it's been in production for so long, rather amusing. It also explains why the Wrangler is such a POS to drive, cause it has had no competition for so long. They really didn't need to do much to it for it to sell. But it has left them poorly placed now cause they just did a new one, and it's miles behind now. It's good off-road, but terrible on road. Wanders around like it's driving through a gale, when there is no wind. Awful road manners. The Bronco is as good, if not better off road (more ground clearance, bigger tyres, better wheel travel) as well as being miles better on road. It actually drives in a straight line on a bumpy road.

Then they also try to say it's better because they have a concept Wrangler with a V8, that hasn't even been confirmed for production

It's not the 1970's any more. It is cool that they put V8's in a lot of things, but things have moved on and the majority have moved past that now. How many V8 Wranglers would they expect to even sell? 2 fifths of f all really. It's a niche, within a niche, within a niche.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: