Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2020, 11:43 AM   #5563
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Hey leesa,

Looks like under 30s have died a grand total of ZERO times from COVID19 in Australia while having a 35% infection rate.

Sure there's always the risk, but there's also the risk of getting hit by a car walking across the road, its just minuscule.

Less chicken little more risk management principles.

EDIT: There's been ONE - so the exception, not the rule, 0.2% of all deaths, but 35% of all the cases.
I don't think you're understanding what I am saying. People are dying after they have recovered, sometimes a lot later. The virus is causing damage to organs so while they "recover" from the virus, they are dying down the track from that organ damage.

We don't know what's going to happen, we don't know a lot about the long term effects of this virus. Perhaps everyone who got infected ends up with heart failure and dies next year, there are indications to show that's perhaps not such an outrageous claim.

All I am saying is that it is not responsible to reassure young people that they are relatively "safe" from this virus and to go out and live their lives without a care because you could be sending them to an early death.

3 users like this post: