Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #5522
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That's an interesting 'You kids have it easy! Back in my day' flex from someone who didn't live through those times
My point is that we need to acknowledge that we don't have it tough compared to our parents or grandparents generations but we are so focused on molly-coddling people who suffer a bit of distress because they have to make some minor adjustments to their lives for awhile.

Those who've lost their livelihoods and relatives have my sympathy but those whining 'cos they can't go out for a feed or visit a mate can go and do the other thing with my blessing.

Let me add that I grew up with parents who lived in London during the war and spent a lot of time with both grandfathers who served in it and heard plenty of the 'you think you have it hard' comments from them during my life.

They taught me an appreciation for the things we too often take for granted but also to face adversity with as good a cheer as can be mustered and while it might sound all a bit 'British stiff-upper lip', the fact is that they were for all intents and purposes 'normal' folk despite the experiences they had been through.

My own personal experiences, which you, with the arrogance that comes of youth, have no knowledge of, gives me the insight to call it as I see it.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 21-08-2020 at 04:27 PM.
16 users like this post: