View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 04:55 PM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: VFacts July 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
They sell a heap of Rangers in RHD. Ford are not GM trying to sell RHD pick ups in 3 countries. Not sure on the total number out of the 180 countries that Ranger sells in that are RHD but it's more than you'd imagine. The biggest Rest of World markets are RHD, Thailand and Australia. Ditching RHD would instantly kill off their biggest Ranger markets outside the US. Not going to happen.

What is it with people fascination with killing off Ford Australia? It's like a sport here.
I'm not talking imminent closure, I'm saying long term beyond 2028 it's hard to see

Do you know how much profit our region made last year?

I'm having difficulty finding out because Ford keeps moving Australia around like we don't belong anymore.
All those people out of work once the work starts moving back to America, they're already white Anting
the project and looking to claw back whatever work Dearborn can. Powertrain is feeling it now but
I bet the yanks will want a bigger say in designing their regions models.

Last edited by jpd80; 08-08-2020 at 05:01 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote