View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 09:59 PM   #19
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How would you design a new post-apocalyptic society?

Granada's series on the Spanish Civil War is absolutely excellent - you can see the tragedy in the idealism of many factions, the desire to replace the old - all of it overwhelmed by bloody fighting and wholesale slaughter. No one really wins, let alone people/families.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5f9hp0IP4

If you guys really want to start a new society, I'd suggest the first thing you determine is what will be your money (I'd suggest hard money, not fiat currency because of the temptation to debase the latter leading to societal instability) and whether you would still permit usury (the interest that needs to be repaid demands growth; if you have this you commit to a society that must continue to have growth at higher levels to repay debt + interest: ie, just like our current society.) Myself, I don't mind it (nice when a TD matures), but imagine a society where ongoing exponential growth was not required... That way the leather and S&M gear would not tend to inflate in price over many years, and there would not be a push to make more than organically required, or import more people to wear it to increase demand to make more, etc etc