View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #22
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: VFacts July 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
To them, were a piddling market, so the only vehicles they want to sell here are high profit,
they're just over trying to compete with Asians and waste resources on low or no profit vehicles.
To me that's both good and bad because Ford sees its products as better but to most buyers
they're not but what really irks me is that Ford won't back themselves with F150 and Super Duty
and even Expedition or Explorer on assisted RHD conversions. If Ford wants to charge premium
prices, then at least have some interesting products that could carry those prices.
Agreed with your few last sentences.
Expidition/Explorer would sell ! throw in F150 absolutely but nup.
Backing themselves too right, bean counters always have been.
Like I keep saying, range, their range here is nothing but Ranger/Mustang, the rest are just making piddly numbers but this is their own doing from over the pacific.
Talking profit - I learnt from a very succesful large business man once said, the small fish taste sweetest.
Think about that one.
Whilst were a small piddly market your train of thought behind the Blue Oval doesn't apply to the euros going up against the Asians even though not side by side price pointed BUT they are IN the segments (and back it up) and I'm sure their profits are Not great in them all BUT having the wider spread makes for overall good profits.
Sorry, stupid is stupid for me regards Fords overall market stratergies, oh what are they ? not much.
I deal with American corporates for a long time, what Ford do best is fishwhere where the fish are ie Nth America.
jpd I know we differ on alot re Ford US - they are their own worst enemy regards Export period.
I travel China for a long time as well, they can't even get that working smoothly enough also, the biggest growth pool the last 15yrs to date and future. They are decades behind a number of brands there.
Sub $30k choices gone ? yep, they have limited sub $60/70k choices as well.
Quality ? its ok nothing to crow about, in the big picture Fords history here, offer is less is more, whereas the other brands backgrounds have been More for less.
They have a lot of work to do to re programming general consumer here imo.
Last thing, you know what might be the real reason why they have left the segments they once were in with the Asians ? they've given up, put up the white flag because they have never been able to source/manage and implement to market.
They are a Div 3/4 player in the wide world game of Automotive.
They had it when the competition was farfar less.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: