Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #4817
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Hey Russ. Didn't the Victorian government outsource quarantine to private contractors which led to the mess they are in?

Last I knew he was the Premier so the buck stops with him. I'm not saying he is an evil person like a lot of the media would like to think but that was a pretty big **** up.
Yes the Government did; exactly the same as three other States did so your point is? That this one has had a worse outcome than the other States is whose fault beside the morons who treated the hotel quarantine like a game? The real culprits are the nameless and faceless public servants who implemented the directions of the executive branch of Government when told to organise the hotel quarantine but they'll almost certainly never be held to account even internally.

As for the buck stopping with him, that's an old 'Westminster' concept from a much simpler time and a much more genteel age. Whether we like it or not, the business of Government is so far removed from the decision making process that the level of direct control is only as good as the knowledge of the Minister 'allegedly in charge'.

I'm not going to repeat what I've said before in this thread so if we get into any more political bashing in this thread, the posts will be deleted.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post: