Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #4401
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey-AMG View Post
Just picked up a box of disposable units from Local Woolies. 40 bucks for 50 masks. Made in PRC

There’s a local business making em not too far from me so I’m going to get some from there as well. 10 bucks each , reusable. Remove filter, wash and reinsert filter. Good for multiple uses and locally made.
Vic has ordered something like 1.3m. 200 to 300k arriving "soon". From that language I assume they are coming from overseas. And the most likely place is.....

It would be nice if they were all locally made, but that article doesnt seem like we have the capacity.

$40 for 50 sounds like legal theft. At the start of the pandemic, we imported ours directly from a distributor in PRC. It was through a friend that lived in HK, but his wife ran the factory in PRC (that would make for an interesting relationship ). Turned out to be $40 for 250, and that was when getting cargo space was a huge problem, they had to bid for it on a daily basis. It did come with all the legal documents, and passed customs at the time when they were cracking down on "fake masks", so I assume they are genuine.