View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Current review of TAFE system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
why is this TAFE's faults - because you wanted shiny bits of paper - they delivered and you are unhappy about it - maybe you should have researched the need for shiny bits of paper before you signed up??????

A lot of this is a National curriculum issue, not the TAFE's, they can only teach what is in the system - the trainers probably would agree with you. As for equipmwent and as I said previously, nearly everyone wants their training for free or at least subisidised - then you complain when equipment is old - where do you think the money comes from??????? Your (subidised or free) fees. How would your business operate under the same system?

I take extreme exception to that, you are out of line

but you are so outspoken on everything on FF's that i am surprised you have time to work
That TAFE was handed HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS from tax payers over the years and that's the best they could do? Shiny new $100M+ building but Buick V6, RB30 and Holden 304 and teachers who'd been out of the game but teaching students for 20+ years? Someone was benefitting from the tax payer funding and it sure as **** wasn't the students that's for sure, I can attest to it.

There's people here on this forum who are circa 30 years older than me who went through the same school worked on the same equipment and did the same modules.

That ridiculous rabid man hating feminist was precisely why I left my course rather than completing it, I'm not paying some man hating piece of **** to lecture me about Marxism rather than the course I paid thousands for.

The higher education system is a breeding ground for rabid lefties trying to indoctrinate kids, might as well as have Clementine Ford teaching classes - time for some accountability and a purge of the detritus.

The standard for training at TAFE is ridiculously low from my experience going from 2010-2015 in my time through the system in Melbourne, that's why you all whinge about losing government funding all the time because you couldn't stand on your own two feet as a business because no one would pay for the courses when they realise the **** sandwich covered in glitter they've been served.

The only parts of the business which stand up financially are the full fee paying reffos doing BS courses to satisfy requirements for a PR scam, absolute joke.

Look at them all squealing about the international travel ban - the golden goose has been banned from the country and they know their BS training courses don't stand up without reffo money propping up their scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
if TAFE's gave money back to EVERY person who decides for what ever reason to not complete their training then most would have to shut their doors - would you give people their money back if they sent your car to you to be fixed and you got halfway through fixing it then they walked in the door said they didn't want you to complete it (all for personal reasons) then wanted ALL their money back - I bet you wouldn't give it to them. why should TAFE's????? we have a refund policy and we stick to it. At the moment with COVID-19 they are being very flexible, all because of (Victorian) government policy

I will acknowledge this is poor as generally we all run the same system

I believe Vet Fee Help has gone to god or is going to god

NOT TAFE's and unfair to lump all TAFE's in that, the Victorian State Government has shut down hundreds of dodgy private training providers

see my post above re deferral - all he has to do is ask
I don't mind paying for the part of the course that I did, but they incorrectly charged me full fee even after I was long gone from the system, then didn't do anything about it when I contacted them to correct it after pulling emails from years ago - it shouldn't have had to get to the stage of the government intervening on my behalf to get my money back years later.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-07-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote