View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #23
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Bronco reveal 13/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It's not that Ford can't do a factory RHD F150, it's more that they refuse to give up the
production space and spend resources developing a special version just for us that
maybe at best brings 1000/MTH sales.

Unlike Mustang, I doubt that any of the other 25 RHD markets would be interested enough
to commit.....well, maybe South Africa and New Zealand..?
It's hard to see the 2 truck factories that are absolutely flat out feeding the North American market 900,000 F series a year, giving a damn about a couple of thousand potential sales in Australia. And having RHD production screw up their factory lay out and supply lines. It's just added complexity they don't want or need. As much as we would all love to see a factory RHD F series, it won't happen. Our only real chance is a factory backed conversion like the Rams and Silverados we get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey
The ad was really good! The range looks great too - 2dr, 4dr, "sport". Did sport look more like SUV body and maybe even a different platform?

(ready for /s)

But the ad was a bit noisy, and confronting. Maybe we could replace his harsh voice with a soothing feminine voice, and maybe some fingers walking over the landscapes...
Yes the Bronco Sport is a different vehicle, not based on Ranger. It's more of a jacked up off road Focus I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
If the Ranger has gained market share in the US without cannibalising F series sales, why can't the same happen here? They sold 700 odd $100k RAMs last month. I don't think Ranger and Hilux noticed.
Price is why. The Ranger starts at 24k, the F150 is 28k. And buyers over there are apparently one or the other, few consider both. Difference here would push base F series right into the most profitable Ranger models.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: