Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #2079
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I cycle. Done just over 4000km so far this year. Also have a family (wife, two daughters 19 & 11) so just spending time together, watching movies etc is nice. Also live on the doorstep of a national park with a myriad of walk trails so fair bit of walking/hiking as well.

Having said that I've never been a real social person. There is very little difference between now and before covid19.
Fantastic with the bike prydey I haven't driven that far so far this year probably but I can relate to this ...

Our groundsman is 57 and is born in France ..Oui Oui.

His absolute passion in life is road racing . He was a promising junior in France before his family emigrated to Oz . He was 16 then . would have been about September 2019 he developed constant agonising pain in his right arm and was eventually diagnosed with a dangerous back condition causing the pain they suspect coming from a work injury a couple of years ago . He needed two discs replaced as part of the surgery too in early December. He had to have nearly three months off workhas only been back at work probably 6 weeks now.. He was worried he'd never be able to ride again . He's a keen member of a veteran cycling club that runs events most weekends and Olivier goes to most . Obviously the club is in hibernation at present due to the virus .

Liv has been cleared to train again now though and he's got his zest for life back ..Bloody great .. He rid on average 35-40 km a day even in winter . Six am before work he will do that and be ready to start work at 8.30 am because he only has half hour lunch instead of usual hour .

In summer he does at least 40 kms a day but after work . Doc said it's fine to start riding again but he has to keep up his physio visits and gradually return to his 250 kms a week training regime . He's done pretty well over the years and has won quite a number of events mostly in C Grade .

Best thing he says is the friends he's made and being able to keep fit . I don't know what would have happened if they told him not to ride again .
This user likes this post: