Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #131
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

This thread is very illuminating.

That Covid 19 in most young, healthy, people with no other co-morbidities will result in some 2 weeks of possibly feeling a little lousy only, misses the point.

Covid 19 is a virus that has a long shelf life for hands to pick up, and it now appears able to be transferred from Covid 19 asymptomatic person to healthy person- within a couple of metres radius of the asymptomatic Covid 19 person.

What the self isolation policy is directed at is slowing the spread of Covid 19 to a steady manageable stream so that our health facilities can deal with the old, feeble, co-morbidity patients who need oxygen and intensive medical assistance as well as the usual case load unrelated to Covid 19.

If the country does not self isolate and attempt to do so, we end up in a situation like Italy, where infection rates have ballooned, the medical facilities are totally overwhelmed, the medical staff make an assessment that a very sick old person with Covid 19 is not worth the meagre medical resources available as against a young person with co morbities and Covid 19, and provide the old person with no medical treatment and that person is left to their own resources- namely leave that poor sod to die.

Australia is trying to prevent this, string out the Covid 19 infections so that our health facilities can cope and can provide ALL AUSTRALIANS with medical help if they need it.

This attitude of bugger me I am right jack -I am healthy- so what if old or sick farts die from Covid 19, is so at odds with our grandparents who went and fought in the First World War who did so believing they were defending their country- put their country and family in front of themselves.

To a certain extent this self interested me first bugger the rest attitude in Australia has also pervaded our politics- playing on the selfish self interest instead of the greater good.

At least now Australia has realised what this is all about, acting a bit less selfish, self isolating and being careful, to help our health systems be in a position to provide treatment to those truly in need of medical treatment.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
4 users like this post: