Thread: 5000th RAM
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #56
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 5000th RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Ranger could have all 3 if they combined spec. US Ranger has rear window to cab, raptor has coils, and US is rumoured to be getting more powerful petrols.
That would make the Ranger more appealing, but it and the others will still fall short in regards to interior room & tray size, and the Laramie is kitted out like a luxury car. The Thai specials in comparison are more basic than a Corolla or Mazda 3 on the inside despite having a price tag of twice of them.

I towed 3.2 tonne with a Ranger the other week, first time with one towing that amount of weight, usually 800-1000kg less. It was fine on the straights but not a lot of confidence to carry speed through corners like I would with say 2000kg behind it. I drive loaded B doubles & semis at higher speed through the same stretches of roads.
This is where the Ram would shine and be a more competent tow rig with its larger dimensions, heavier weight and stronger engine.

So I'm not suprised that the grey nomads hold up triple and quad road trains when they throw these big vans behind the Thai specials and load them to or beyond GCM then **** themselves when they try to go faster than 90kmh on the straight and flat.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: