View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
PeterT71
Starter Motor

Default Re: MC Mondeo Ecoboost requires new engine

Australian Consumer law states: You are guaranteed the goods you buy are of:
  • Acceptable quality (Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.)
  • Must last for a reasonable amount of time
  • Realistic expectations when a failure may occur
  • Consumer guarantees don’t have a specific time limit even if the manufacture put a time limit on their warranty, this cannot replace your customer Guarantees
“If the car you’ve bought from a dealer has a major failure, then you’re entitled to a replacement or a refund from the car dealer. You have the right to seek a replacement or refund from a car dealership if your car has a major failure.”

I cannot see any exceptions to my rights to Consumer Guarantees under Australian Consumer Law.

Surely it is unacceptable for an engine to expire at 74000km? An destroyed engine is surely classified as a Major failure under ACL. Therefore do you agree that my ecoboost motor could be classed as not being "Acceptable quality" under the ACL definition ?

Also a product must last a "Reasonable time" (74000km is unreasonable) and the manufactures warranty time limit is not applicable under ACL.

A compromise would be great as I realise **** happens in life. Also not that it counts for anything these days but I have been a loyal Ford customer and currently own two Mondeos a MC Zetec diesel and the MC titanium. Prior to this situation I would automatically have upgraded to a MD as I have always thought they are great cars.

Last edited by PeterT71; 08-10-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
PeterT71 is offline   Reply With Quote