View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #385
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
B series, best Ford made. 2003 BA sales went through the roof. Saved Ford. Just look how many on the road.. After 2010 all down hill for Ford.

FG was disaster . Last 5 years sales dismal. No wonder they spent no money on it...
From my perspective I can't totally agree ..

I've owned my AU since it was 2 years old ..Literally the best car I've ever owned and why I still do . As it happens in late 2014 I bought a 2003 BA Fairmont Ghia with moderate kays . Several issues including tailshafts , electrics , front suspension ,stuff not working .Found a real nice FG XR6 in 2016 , had to get rid of either the 2001 AU ll Futura or the 2003 BA fairmont Ghia with roughly the same kays to make way for it and had no hesitation in offloading the BA . Matter of fact the AU was/is a much more comfortable car to drive and as hard as this might be to believe the only components other than tyres, exhaust,batteries, brake pads, bulbs etc etc is literally . the CD player , 1 x alternator , one steering boot , one power steering hose very recently, a couple of power window switches bootlid pivots and one ram damaged by a worn pivot . and a backlight for the clock ..everything else all as she was and still working .

I'll have an AU over a BA any day for that reason alone .

The FG , FGX might of been a 'disaster' sales wise but again from personal experience the NA FG XR6 I have is a beaut car to use over the past two and a half years .. We all see it different though and we all have certain opinions .

Commodore was also pretty darn good , especially the VF but it's sales plummeted too ..The whole point of this thread really as the Commodore was/is holden's ray of hope .. .

Last edited by roddy1960; 20-10-2018 at 05:49 PM.
2 users like this post: