View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #292
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

This thread is a funny read, love how people not willing to put in the hard yards complain about sour grapes.

We all have the same opportunities, yet some chose to go on overseas holidays, or **** it against the wall at the local pub, or are too lazy to put in the long hours.

When I was in my 20's and early 30's I was working 70-80 hrs a week every week, I bought investment properties, drove a 25 year old car into the ground and pumped money into two mortgages owning my first property outright in my late 20's early 30's.

Now in my late 40's I reap the rewards, only having to work 2-3 days a week, and spending my days going fishing, taking one of my cars for a drive. It annoys me no end when people tell me how 'lucky' I am to have three show cars, drive a nice 4x4 and live in a large house on acreage with a huge shed.

When I tell them that this has been my plan that I worked towards for 20 years they almost appear offended. People I worked with are still renting, and wondering where they went wrong.

As for making it hard for the next generation, I could not care about the generation of lazy people, my kids already have a great work ethic and they will be inheriting enough money and property to probably be able to just having to work part time most of their life, so I have looked after my own next generation.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by GasoLane; 21-09-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Don't try to avoid the censor
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: