View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 12:06 AM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $700-a-year increase running an airconditioner & snap price rises of as much as 15,000 %

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
trouble is that privatisation is a multi edged sword.

sell the "essential's" then the income previously generated is gone, charges inevitably rise to beyond reach by many, then taxes have to increase to compensate for the loss of income of said infrastructure.

these people, whom we, supposedly, elect from a privileged "chosen few" make decisions that blind freddy can see is bad for the country and its people time and again.

no bloody wonder they took our guns away.
i agree, and to my way of thinking these where(are ) actually needed public services, and if they made a profit or ran in the red.............. who really gives a toss.
Remember when we fully owned our utilities,
the SEC (state electricity commission ) for example, if something needed to to get done ..... it got done, these days if something needs to get done they take the cheapest alternative possible, or have a meeting and discuss how they can cut costs or services elsewhere or ..... put prices up to keep the profit margins up.

i mentioned in another post about light poles around Melbourne being crooked ....... not just talking one or two here or there, bloody everywhere , and it stands out like the nose on your face.
i can only assume linesmen are not trained well enough to know you have to have a certain amount of slack in the cables so when the cold weather comes and the cables contract they don't pull the poles over, this sort of crap was very rare in the old days.

Getting back to the power price rise, its too bad if you are not in a suitable area to have solar.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: