View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Improving Performance

One thing I never planned on doing was touching the focus. Besides rims and window tint, she will stay completely stock.

Filled up the other day, and the car is for city driving only, I got 618 k's and it took just over 47 litres. Economy for me, is great.

Had the 15,000 service a few weeks ago.

One thing I have noticed is that the performance of the focus seems to drop dramatically when the air con is on. I know thats the draw back from aircon on an underpowered car like the focus. The car does not feel as quick as it did when I first bought it. So what can I do to give the car better response. Just after mods i can do which won't involve me voiding warranty or having to get a mechanic to do. I just want an improvement on what feels like a heavy slug.

The car is 1.8l 5 speed man. SR Model Built in 04

I know that the car reviews said that in 1.8 form, the car lacks any kind of performance. I was aware of this when i bought it. I wanted economy and some euro style, for a cheap price. But what i want to do is to gain a little more responsiveness from the car without spending a lot of money. The money i would sooner spend on my Falcon.

The focus we are keeping for a few years before selling. Nothing wrong with it, love it, super reliable and fuel efficient, but I can't see me having this car long term.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote