View Single Post
Old 16-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #42
DRAGN6
DRAGN6

Default Re: Changing AU auto transmission fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi DRAGN6, with 303kay on the clock & it showing obvious signs of trauma, replace the transmission, its at the end of its life (assuming its the stock box). Check your fluid level first to verify, if low top up & test, go from there. If its still doing it & your really keen, pull the pan & rip out the filter & cut it open - it could be full of clutch plate material like mine was- stuffed auto! If getting a reco get extended warranty as a priority. Good luck with it mate!

cheers,Maka
Hey Maka,
Mate, you're a top guy
You don't beat about the bush and tell it how it is. I really appreciate those traits in people '
My instinct just says to purely replace the box, so yes your opinion means much to me.
May I just throw this in the mix quickly and NOT intending to change the topic of this thread at all, but in doing trans, I will be inspecting the trans cooler etc. Since buying this XR6, the thermo fans run constant and not as 'Thermo Controlled' as they should. Temp sensor needs replacing, but motor doesn't get hot. In saying the ^^ above, this would also affect trans cooling etc, correct?
If so, then I'd suggest that I personally, get all that functioning properly, prior to the install of the new box.
Would I be on the right track there??

CHEERS for the input guys, greatly appreciated

DRAGN6 Build Thread

My Previous Rides:
LOTS, But I'm only listing my most recent!!

1. 2001 AU XR6 [New Daily]
  2. 1999 AU Classic [DRAGN6]
  3. 1992 EBII with too much to list! [sold and bough DRAGN6 as a 'stocker']!

DRAGN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: