View Single Post
Old 25-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: 2011 LV2 Focus Ztec and Lowering

I'm pretty sure you'll find the 57-0595 is not street legal (in NSW at least) not sure on other states. I went with the E-2993 (direct replacement) I am planning on picking up another stock air box and seeing what sort of a custom pipe install I can make up for it. The biggest hurdle most of the guys seem to be having with the CAI's is finding a suitable space to run the intake pipe, there's not a lot of spare room around these motors :( As far as springs are concerned I have no issues with rubbing or scraping with mine and I have a set of 18" XR5 rims waiting to go on once the stock 17" tyres wear down, there's a few other guys running similar height springs and 18" rims without issues. The only issue I have with fitting the SL's is a bit of a tinny sounding rattle going over corrugations on some roads, it's only the heat shielding around the exhaust which has dropped slightly since lowering the car, I've had a bit of a go at rectifying it but I can't get to where it seems to be coming from without getting it up on a hoist, this is on the list for early new year with my local mechanic

Last edited by Russ; 25-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote