View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #338
CYC06T

Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
sweet as, it's coming together that is the main thing.

we were probably in the staging lanes waiting to run, spent most of the day there, was busy Joe pumped out some good numbers in the Capri, our first time on a radial, 200lbs heavier, full exhaust, 275 radial she ran 8.53, 8.49 & 8.42, mph was down to 162mph and 1.36-1.39 60's she is fattening up after about 7000rpm so need to lean her out. should be a mid 30 in her and 2-3mph, she was only picking up 31mph in the back half she usually gets 33-34mph when she is all sorted. we are happy, left the line nicely.

mine goes in to GrooveRyders next week, do the intake pipe and a few other things, im pushing but not pushing if you know what i mean, i want to make sure we have all the i's dotted and t's crossed as quickly as possible without cutting corners.
Yeah fair enough. I know what you mean, short cuts only mean longer term pain. I am hoping to get mine into Speedfab sometime over the winter to look at some weight reduction and a new alloy dash. Should be nice when its done.

I saw the capri get one pass. It did leave the line nice, so you gotta be happy with that on radials. Track seemed good, just a very slow day. Glad I wasnt racing as I woulda been pretty frustrated. The waiting kills me lately...