View Single Post
Old 23-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #46
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: IRS upper shock mount - Permanent fix

TICK4D-TAS -
You mentioned you might have a set or 2 old mounts around.
Does that mean you also want to buy a new pair of mine?

FTE217 -
I have swapped rubber shock bushes with poly in the past on older Falcons and the difference was subtle, but noticeable.
I suspect the differences would be similar on the IRS, so for someone who doesn't mind a frag more NVH, the small benefit may be worth it.

Reaper8 -
I can't see freight being any more than $20 for regular (slow) mail.
If you can source some from your local wrecker, that would be fantastic. As soon as you do, let me know the cost to 2756.
The wreckers I spoke to said $50 (if they had them), and the one I managed to get a set from gave me the whole strut (mount, spring, and shock) for $50pr.
He did say he normally charges $80 (or maybe $100?) for that assembly, but he gave this lot for the $50 to get me out of trouble.

In any case, I don't see any reason why we should pay any more than $50 for a flogged out mount. They should be free, or maybe $10 at the most, but that's wreckers for you.

Here's the updated list, let me know if you've been missed or want to be taken off. Considering the numbers are already over 10, I'm going to make as many as I can and see how we go.

Supply whole unit -
1 - Brooksby88 - 1
2 - T3man - 1
3 - Ride - 1
4 - PROBLM - 1
5 - TS50 - 1
6 - DaveTE - 1
7 - Myts50 - 1
8 - tkfd - 1
9 - BOTTLEDUP - 1
10 - PEUTY - 1
11 - T3-TS50 - 1
12 - Stonepony - 1

Later - FTE217 - 1

DIY -
1 - jeffb
2 - Reaper8

BTW, thank you all for your trust in the money side of things, it makes it quicker and easier to track as well.
PM's should be sent to some of you in the next hour or so.