View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #28
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
Ah ok, bugger that then, I was looking at it while eating lunch and it seemed to have a "2nd part" to it but i guess it's just bent to look like that.

Also when you do the exhaust on the lv, will i need to get a piece cut out? or will it sit just below like it currently does, i'm not getting a tip that's bent down like stock, friends have mentioned that a new exhaust wont fit.. They don't own a focus but are just saying from experience with their cars.
I was going to have the existing cutout made a bit bigger so the tip would be recessed into the bar (like the XR5) The biggest issue is that the mounting points to hold the bottom of the bar in place are right along side where the existing cutout is and this leaves little or no room to widen the cutout. There's not really enough meat in the bar available above the existing cutout to make it much bigger without cutting a bit too close to the painted part of the bar ( which might look a bit odd if you do) and if you want to go wider you will need to cut into the mounting point of the bar. Sorry if this sounds confusing but if you have a quick look under the back of the car and look at where the mounting point is and where the current small cutout is (on the LV) you will be able to see where I'm coming from. I have a single stainless tip on mine mounted up as close to the top edge of the original cutout as was possible, it's not exactly what I would have liked but it looks OK and the sports muffler sounds great so I'm fairly happy overall.

Last edited by Russ; 04-09-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote