View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #34
prasac
Banned

Default Re: Australian Drag Racing Controversy Puts Sport At Crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
we had a debate on this at the club meet on tuesday.

my thoughts are what a croc of s$i%! it'll be no different to what is is now and that's the sad thing.
too many hands in the cookie jar and way too many egos.

i think groups 2,3 and 4 should start their own series and i reckon it would attract a lot more spectators than the group 1 circus, why? who wants to look at an empty track for an hour after each race?

i just want to race, the political bul$%1t is killing this sport

WSID Track Championships are pretty much just Groups 2-4, i think last year a TC with Top Fuellers only got about 2000 spectators. i dont know if they promote it well. the WSID Track Championships will now be presented on Speed channel. Adrian '2Rismo' was out last meet with a camera doing some filming.

alot of guys are moving to these ''smaller'' associations, like the APSA. i am a big supporter of the APSA. and they have backing from the publications for instance Extreme Magazine and Street Machine are heavily involved with them. together they have a circulation of over 100,000 magazines a month. the APSA has had some huge meets, the Pro Street stuff goes off. not sure how many at Sydney during the May shootout i'd say 5000+ spectators over the weekend. at the Calder Park APSA meet last year close to 20000 and another i think had 15000, and the 10.5 Shootout last year at Willowbank was 8000. Sport Compact Jamboree also gets big crowds. the guys that promote them do a fantastic job, its not just racing it's stalls, things for kids to do etc etc.

Last edited by prasac; 12-08-2011 at 12:32 AM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote