View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Default Re: Dont buy from City ford Zetland

MUCH BETTER:

My history with City Ford Zetland after purchasing newFiesta Zetec 2010. From new the airconditioner compressor would shut down on hot days, worked when cold but not when hot.
First visit to service failed to fix the problem.

Second visit to servicethey removed the compressor and ordered new one from Melbourne 2 days later putnew one in, gave me the car back. 50km of driving later loud noise came fromunder bonnet and engine stopped dead in the middle of traffic. Pushed car downside street called Ford they said get a tow truck myself and they would pay forit (they did not).

Called me the next day and told me my motor was destroyed.Told me when they changed the compressor they forgot to replace the drive beltas required by Ford Australia. And it was that belt that broke and flew under the main drive belt, threw out the timing and seized my motor.

The dealer/owner Brent Polites, advised me that they would be putting a brand new long motor(complete with all accessories fitted) into my car. Guaranteed me that the FordField Engineer would oversee the job and make sure it was perfect. I agreed if he extended my warranty and the job was done and took 4 days.

Picked up my car,noticed immediately there was a strange vibration and car wanted to wander to the right. Called service and was told that the Fiesta was a 1 wheel drive sothat they all do that?? sic

They did a wheel alignment which made it a little better but it still wandered to the right. Many visits to service later was told the vibration was normal??sic They balanced the front wheels (no help) then I took it back to have the rears balanced.
I went to pick up the car was told "all fine" and they gave me my keys and tried to send me on my way. However walking up to the car I noticed the wheel faces were all damaged, whoever balanced my wheels ground big circular marks into my wheels and they tried to get me to go without noticing.

Pointed it out to the service guy Bob and he agreed their machine had done it also the wheel nuts were all mangled, he said that theywere a “**** design” and you could not take them off without damaging them.They sent the 4 wheels away and had them all fixed and supplied new wheel nuts.

Car still had vibration they kept the car for 2 days just to say again therewas no problem. However their work order to Ford showed 1 hour work, why didthey have it 2 days? Was told by service guy don’t worry about the vibration asI had a 5 year warranty and they would find it eventually. These guys are justa joke but it gets worse.

Took the car back again for vibration, finally a newservice guy called Fred agrees I most definitely have a problem. Keeps car 2days replaces front engine mount and reseats the other mounts. Fault noticeably improves but only lasts 50km then returns.

All this time Brenda from FordAustralia Customer care calls me each week to see if problem fixed. It is now 10 months after engine replacement problem still not fixed, Brenda asks me to take car to another dealerfor another opinion. I take it to Alto Ford North Sydney, I do not tell theservice manager the problem, I just ask him to start and rev the car.

He asks me if I had ever had the engine out of the car, I then tell him the story, he tells me the car obviously has a problem and that it was most likely from theflywheel and or the harmonic balancer being incorrectly refitted when the engine was done, agrees I absolutely have a problem with vibration.

I then explode in a email to the owner City ford Brent Polites and threaten taking him to Dept of Fair Trading, he assures me that if I bring the car back in he will get the Ford Field Engineer in and his guys will do all necessary to remove the vibration.

That day I arrive at service none of the service guys wants to talk to me, service manager on holidays, second in charge Fred not there, Fordengineer not there but I leave car in good faith. Get call 4pm told “no faultfound” the Ford Engineer was there 15 minutes, started the car got into another car started it said they were the same and left. He and they did not explore any aspect of the engine at all. Alto Ford service manager picked the problemin 30 seconds and I have had to endure the problem for 10 months and that isthe effort they put into fixing it.

So all I can assume after all of mypatience is that City Ford Zetland has no idea and no desire to fix my problemand even worse that the man that should sort this whole sorry mess out thedealer principal and owner Brent Polites is a liar. Which really surprises me because if I know my ford history he is the son of Mr Polites who was the head guy at Ford Australia during quite asuccessful period in Ford history.

And speaking to him He was so nice andpleasant and I would never have guessed he would have let me down.
This car doesnot represent what I paid for and therefore I would expect City Ford Zetland tosupply me with a replacement vehicle. Of equal age mileage specification andcolour. Or a refund.

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote