View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #40
Chris
AFF.com.au

Hey Guys,

Yeah, unfortunately i killed the auto that night. The first pass i recorded my fastest 60ft which was a 1.80, and went 8.000 to the half, which is two tenths clear my fastest ever sprint to the half. I thought this may be a good run.

When i shifted third, the car didn't buck or shake like it normally does, just felt slow, but i saw 7000 on the tach, so i lifted and grabbed 4th. went across the line 4000rpm 12.74 at 100.

Im not opening the engine just yet, as this has been my fastest run to the half, and i still reckon low 12's are there for the taking. I will never open this engine, as I have 2 engines sitting waiting which have been mildy breathed on.

My goal is to get hold of a six speed auto super pursuit with its sweet 1st gear and see what that has unopened. If any boss will run an uncracked 11, i reckon the auto super pursuit will get there first.

I agree with kev - the valve springs are fairly ordinary, but they are in the engine, so ill use em.

NOTE - there is a rumor flying around that both myself and SLY XR8 have aftermarket gearboxes in our cars - this is simply not the case. I have a trans brake c10 sitting on the floor of my engine building room, and it will be called out to battle, but not just yet. Sly and myself are running stock standard transmissions with dominator highstalls and SCT capa edit.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote