View Single Post
Old 22-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #80
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fent-Dog
My conversation with the service department

ME- "have you seen anything like this before?"

SERIVCE- "No"

ME - "Ok Ill bring the car in next fortnight, but do me a favour, ring around and do some research, that way you can get a head start on the problem, get an idea of what it maybe"

SERIVCE- "it doesn't work that way, we need the car, we have to see what the computer is telling us about the problem"

ME- "I can tell you what the problem is, and you just need to make a few phone calls"

SERIVCE- "no we cant, everything is on computer, we can't just ring up and find out, it's not done that way anymore"

I can ring any service department in the country right now and ask them a question. The power of enquiry and conversation is a basic human function.
No problem has ever been fixed by a bunch of people all over the country side, working independently and not communicating with one-another.

IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE AS HARD AS THIS!!
mate, do yourself a favour and go pick your car up....... as in asap. That dealer is just blowing you off. You need to call a few dealers in your area and get on to the service manager and ask some questions, mention that your previous dealer refused to do any research on the problem and see how you go. If your dealer hasn’t seen the problem before than that’s fair enough, so what you need to do is find a dealer who has and save yourself a whole stack of time and potential heartache. Who is the dealer anyway? What State / suburb are you in?
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote