Thread: Project F6
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I picked up and drove my tuned F6 today and what can I say. It was an awesome beast standard but now it is just so much more ballsy through out the whole driving range. The response is better, it feels more solid and the wow factor when the accelerator is planted put a massive smile on my dial.

I did some normal driving, where it was very well behaved and I was thinking, geez this has a lot more power but it is still rather tame, and this included some spirited acceleration. But, and I say a big BUT, if you do plant it, she wants to rock and roll. And any that have driven cars with this sort of power know what I mean. Just makes one wish we had our own airfield we could fang around on to truly test a car.

In regard to actual figures. I found out my baseline on the dyno a couple of weeks ago was over stated. A minor hiccup on the dyno that day started with my car and I should have suspected figure for stock was a tad high. When the car had 900km on it on the BPR dyno is was 267rwkw. Two weeks ago with 27000km it showed 286.7rwkw, a massive jump for being run in and the dealer having changed the settings for 98 octane fuel. Yesterday though with the dyno behaving and re calibrated it showed 274rwkw stock. After the tune and valve springs we have 296.6rwkw. Doesn't sound much, but the car is far superior to drive.

Next step will be am exhaust and injectors.

I have the print off and when I can figure out why photo bucket is not letting me up load pics in its new format I will put it on the thread.

Thanks again to Chris and Theo for their great service.