View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #18
ChemicalHorizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
maybe: but from memory the erps system never pretended to stop surface rust. i believe they actually stated that it needed a coating of some sort (either paint or oxidization) to work
from my own personal experience the rust has stopped on my car. that does not prove anything i know, but i was quite happy to try it out as long as it did not promote rust. if it didn't work i had blown less money on it than other items for the car. if it did, i was ahead by miles - both monetary and with peace of mind
i certainly am a satisfied customer - but the car still stays under cover at virtually all times. previously though, staying under cover at virtually all times did not prevent rust
You cannot rust (or oxidise...you seem to be getting them abit confused, oxidation of iron is often called rusting) anywhere except on the surface of the metal. Oxidation starts through paintwork generally via pin hole breaks or cracks in the paint...i.e. a surface!

The WORST thing about rust under paint, or via pinholes is that you often never remove the agents facilitating the reaction. Hence why they are bloody hard to stop once they start. Sounds like they are even telling you the best way to prevent rust is to have a protective surface coating??

If it never pretended to stop surface rust, then its pretending to stop ANY rust, because thats the only sort you can have.

Lets just make cars from stainless steel already?

Last edited by ChemicalHorizon; 08-03-2010 at 11:48 PM.
ChemicalHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote