View Single Post
Old 22-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

How long since the tyres have been rotated? I suspect they've gone lumpy.

Thing to remember is, all the rear tyres do on those cars is hold the bum off the ground. So there is no weight pushing them onto the road surface. So when you're driving along, they tend to "skip" over the bumps and you end up with "flat" spots all around the tyre.

Unfortunately, it's not a Ford fault as such, so you won't have a warranty claim. The only fix you'll have is replace.

To check it for yourself, run your hand over the surface of the tyre. If it's got highs and lows, instead of being totally smooth, there's your problem.

BTW. It's a common occurance on all front wheels drive cars, not jsut the Mondeo

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 22-02-2010 at 10:11 AM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote