View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Im having trouble deciphering this sentence...

Isn't your post saying you have lost the socket to remove the locknuts???

If so, order a new one from the link I posted using the "locknut ID code" provided with your car. It is a unique identifier that is paired to your nuts, McGuard will have the socket ready to go.

If your saying you lost the actual locknut, just buy a newset from McGuard.

Either scenario McGuard will help you out.

I know it works because I've ordered a set.

Firstly, looking at the picture, it appears to be an aftermarket locknut. So the problem then comes to, what brand of locknut is it, so another locknut key can be ordered.

If you can't findout what brand the locknut is, then you've got to remove it, before you can put a new set on. Correct? Or am I missing something here?

NZXR6. The socket I use is an elcheapo Repco one. Removed a fair few with that socket and it's still good for a few more. All that's needed is for the teeth inside the socket to grip the outer edge of the locknut and it'll come off.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote