View Single Post
Old 15-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Ebay links are something that are sometimes difficult but the general rule of thumb is that they are deleted, mainly because as said, people join up simply to advertise the link. Its judged on a case by case basis but 99% of them are deleted. As far as I'm concerned, if you can take the time to put it on Ebay, you can take the time to list a little information about the car/part in the post you put here too. We're not here to be an advertising medium for Ebay.
I agree with you there b2tf. But maybe that percentage could be dropped to 90%. As you said, case by case basis, and both cars for sale by this member were tops.

I didn't realize the member in question was a dealer. How did we come to this conclusion? Was it because there was a car showroom in the background in the pic's? Do we know for sure? Maybe he used the car yard just for the photos? But even then, the case by case basis could be, or could've been adapted to both those sales? Very good quality cars were on offer. One XD ute of show quality, exeptional from what I saw in the photos, and with a price of $15'000.. it would have to be. And one TS50, that was the very first T-series ever produced, and owned by Australian of the year at the time, and former test cricket captain, Mark Taylor. A true collectors item. Would've been great if one, or both of those vehicles were to be bought by a forum member. It's not as if both cars were hacks, just being offloaded by a dealer.

So these threads were deleted because the member could be a potential car dealer? And one thread was just a link to a sale on eBay? Not according to site TAC. If so, fair enough. I'm 90% convinced that the moderator(s) did the right thing then, but there's still that 10% that says the 2 posts should've stayed.. :voldar02:.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote