Thread: 3000Km Service
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #45
ian b

Booking for paint repair is now rescheduled for next Wednesday 21st for 3 days, hoping to get them to investigate the water in boot issue afterwards when I collect.

As for the A/C in the warm weather today I set the controls to "LO" and auto and although not as cold initially as my previous Falcons the cabin temperature did drop to a comfortable level.

I left Blackheath at 5.15 and the car was comfortable by the time I got to Leura, about 15mins later which bearing in mind that I could barely hold the wheel when I set off didn't seem too bad an effort.

(I suppose the level of satisfaction with the A/C will always vary from person to person depending upon how cold you want the cabin to be. If I wanted to drive round in a fridge I would put wheels on the Fisher Paykel.)

It seemed that the system set itself to recirculate the air in the cabin rather than try to cool down the hot air from outside. Fan speed seemed to be in the middle of the setting range. If you were to leave the system on "Manual" "A/C On" with the fan at full speed but draw hot air from ouside in it is always going to be less effective than recooling the recirculated cooler air from within the cabin.

It would be interesting to find out if the A/C in other "euro market" cars exported to Australia have the same issues.