View Single Post
Old 30-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #259
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
Ok I know that my car is an 08 LT but still thought this was deserving to make note of as it is quite serious. I was buying some stuff from the shops and went to drive off, started to reverse the car out of the parking space and noticed the steering was a bit heavy, I thought that the car died when reversing due to minimal engine noise (hence exhaust mod sometime soon) had a look at the tacho and saw it was still running, so went into 1st and started moving forwards, steering was still heavy, so I looked down once again and saw that a red light was up and the diagnostic box said "Power steering Failure" I was like wat the..... pulled up just down the road and decided to switch the ignition off and then start the car up again, and is fine again... what gets me is that the computer must control the power steering pump to some degree and failed to send a signal to it. It was just brought to my concern due to the fact that is taking a corner at a decent speed and it has the same episode it could end up being a big drama.. anyone shared a similar experience???
The power steering is run with an electric motor which is wholly controlled by the computer. At freeway speeds the powersteering is pretty much turned off. The only time I've seen this is when I had to roll-start the car with the battery at 9 or 10 volts after running the stereo/sub for a while the car was off. Were you running car a fridge or anything.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote