View Single Post
Old 19-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #528
Scott

Just noticed this thread and thought I'd post up my short story for the past few weeks...

Earlier this year I gave up smoking and shot up from a pretty usual 102kg to 106kg over a 2-3 month period which is the first time I have ever heard the scales whinge so much. One thing led to another, GT shat itself etc etc and I started smoking again and the weight dropped back off to the usual 102kg.

Living in QLD & wanting to make the most of the beaches up here, 3 weeks ago I acted on a chat I was having with a mate of mine (after a huge Thai & Beer feed) and he suggested I have a crack at the Atkins Diet.

I was sceptical because as far as I knew he died a chubby old man but I did a heap of reading and with the suggested quick results, I thought "why not"?

Anywho - 3 weeks ago I weighed 101.8kg, today I weigh 93.1kg. I'm pretty happy with nearly 9kg in 3 weeks, I have been doing about 20mins of cardio every day and going for a decent walk of about 3km daily too.

So, I've got about another 5kg to move at which stage I will be increasing carb intake again but doing this has really opened my eyes to what I used to stick in my mouth.

I was the bloke who would eat a whole pizza.... and a garlic bread by myself and go hunting for a little ice cream to wash it down. Not anymore guys, whilst I plan to indulge every now and again, my carb gorging days are well and truly behind me.

Feel free to ask any questions about my experience on the diet.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote