View Single Post
Old 28-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #35
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've already had a beer thread...

I was the most active on it towards the end...which perhaps says something about me...

Hoegaarden is nice, but it is too expensive now. It has become too cosmopolitan.
Grand Ridge do a good blonde (not poofter low carb Blond crap...I'm talking wheat beer). It's a dollar a bottle cheaper (which is considerable) and it's an Australian brewery whose ideals I agree with (spend less on advertising - good beer should sell itself, and spend more on good ingredients).

My favourite drop is La Trappe Dubbel. Beautiful flavour, great body and not too much carbonation. Finish is great.

You cannot get the full effect with most Aussie brews, although they are lagers, which I guess isn't apples for apples.

Falcon4L...Erdinger is BRILLIANT. When I want a big wheatie, I get that. Clouded, or nothing else for me. Kristal is to be avoided.

Corona is not beer. It's donkey wee.

Beeradvocate.com is a great place to research beers.

I recently tried Westmalle Trappiste, as well as Rochefort 6 and 8. I still have a 10 (on BA, #11 best beer in the world).

Good to see people appreciating quality beer more nowadays, rather than buying Australian brewed "imports" like Stella, Heineken or Becks, and saying how great it is.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote