Thread: the island 500
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Default the island 500

time for the first of the "enduros" at philip island, 12th-14th september, technically it's not a straight endurance race but 2 14 lap races on staurday & a 113 lap race on sunday

some info for anyone interested in going, thanks to Karyn @ FPV & XR club

restricted parking at p/island for the V8's.
There is no on-site parking around the track except for up the back via gate 3 /4.(where i think you guys normally go) All other parking is the paddock adjacent to the track. Apparantly the parking area over the back will also be restricted, so thought you guys might want to know if you are parking there. (ie i;m tipping it will be quite full so you may need to get there early)
clubs can also buy tickets at a discount through ticketek too.

cheers,

Karyn

I got this from V8 Supercars.....
Hi Karyn

Unfortunately there are no areas set aside for car clubs this year. There are a few reasons for that but mainly that limited on site parking will be available compared to previous years. Any on site parking available at the Event will be available via Gate 3/4 off Gap road (please refer to event map on the website) www.v8supercarevents.com.au.

For any car clubs who would like to attend, the bulk ticketing discount is still available through Ticketek at www.ticketek.com.au.

anyone interested in attending, i'm out as i head O/S on the 12th

EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote