View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #23
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec

To me it does make sense for FPV to do something here, once Focus is manufactured here. Why import whole vehicles when the same body shape is coming down the line 500 metres away?. I can see FPV importing the Revknuckle technology, a number of other parts, even 5cyl engine if need be to produced the Australian version. (Or whatever is the hot engine in 2010)

Everyone seems to assume it either has to be a fully imported version, or a totally greenfield car developed here.

On the other hand I can see most of the technology, and many of the parts, being "borrowed" from Europe. Ford has big experience with CKD builds (Completely Knocked Down), and FPV has a lot of experience fitting different engines to existing bodyshells
but why wait, it will be 4 years min before FPV do something with the focus, thats 4 years FoA could use to build the brand.

how much "play room" will FPV have with the focus, will FoA give them the scope they need to create a focus capable of competing with the RS.

i'm with Tj-zetec on this, FPV will most likely only do this...

Quote:
I just don't have a lot of faith in FPV, are they going to put enough effort into it's development to make it worthwhile or are they just going to slap on a few go fast bits, a tacky body kit and jack the price up...
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote