View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #50
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR

When you do the maths dude this only equates to a 5% discount, and that's if you ge every week so gets lesser with everytime you don't or forget to go. They really should have made the same as it was about 5 years ago with the "pre-registration" allowing for a $10 discount if you registered at certain speed shops. Also what they used to have with Forum members running a list at the gate also giving a discount.

Having to pay in order to get a discount is very shrewd on there part as this guarantees them a certain income regardless of wheter or not those members turn up to events.

If they wish to charge this then the membership should also allow for further discounts during other events held at the complex, not really very well thought out concept, actually it is but for there own gain.

Now, to finish off you seem to put alot of "we" in your responses, is there something you're not saying?? get it off your chest
Wow after reading that response I think maybe you should have organised the survey, you seem to know who the people were who did the survey, you seem to know most racers & spectators work on Saturdays... You clearly have a better calculator than me, I shouldn't have bothered with the survey i could have just asked you for the info...

Mannn.. you clearly have some deep seaded issues regarding the whole thing.. Thtas not going to change and I'm not going to bother trying. "I'll asume as a show of protest you will no longer be racing at Calder"

Im not going to relpy to your whole post because im clearly wasting my time.

But on the Membership deal, I dont think you even bothered to read what I wrote or check it out, so Ill make it clearer..

10% discount to race, thats 10% not 5%

Free Spectator entry for a whole year, thats a $25- saving each time you go as a spectator, so lets do some maths, go 6 times and you have your money back :

and if you had bothered to go read the rest on the website, note: where I wrote "heaps of other discounts" you maybe might have worked it out...

Members Benifits include:

10% Entry Fee Discount for Legal Off Street Drag Racing events at Calder Park & Virginia Racing

10% Entry Fee Discount at Calder Park & Virginia Raceway Open Practice events

12 months subsription to Clubsport magazine

1 Guest Pass valid for 12 months

Free spectator entry to the Australia Motor Racing Championship series at Calder Park & Virginia Raceway

Free spectator entry to selected AMC Drag Race meeting at Calder Park & Virginia Raceway

Fleet owners discount on wheels and tyres at all Bob Jane T-Marts stores
Membership pack comprising:

Membership Card
Guest Card
Membership Certificate
Key Ring, pen & calculator

Do I need to say anymore on that issue...

And when I say we I mean WE, I offered my services free to Calder Park to try to and get information back and forth to maybe get some change, because I was sick and tired or reading posts like your on the internet knowing that no one at Calder was ever going to see them.

It's 1 thing to vent your issues on an internet forum, It's another to pick up the phone or go out and do it face to face with the person/people you have the issue with.... enough said.

Last edited by SLY LS1; 02-06-2008 at 10:56 AM.
SLY LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote