View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #18
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy666
I've been trying to make the ESC light come on but so far no matter how much I try it never seems to have got to the point where the car has reached its limitation and the computer has to take over. Hmm, maybe its broken and I'll just roll over into the bushes one day...

Easiest way to get 'comfortable' with the ESC is to find one of those huge roundabouts, ideally one in a industrial area so you can try this after hours when there is no other traffic using it.
Just keep driving around and around and slowly keep increasing the speed with each revolution, eventually you will start to feel it lose traction and the ESC will start to correct the slide. Its a little odd at first and the normal reaction is to back off or put in some opposite lock but if you just relax and maintain your steering angle and power (or even increase the speed when it starts to slide) you will be amazed at how effective it is. Its worth the trouble and effort to take the missus along so she can feel it happen rather than panic if and when it kicks in for real some day.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote