View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #11
jared79
Sock Puppets

Ok, I have Zetec Hatch and I couldn't be happier with it. There are a couple of little problems, but compared to my old Falcon, it's a pleasure to drive. People complain that the engine is not powerful enough and maybe it's true. But I haven't really noticed it, except when going up a steep hill, I found it could do with a little more then.

It obviously more thirsty than the Diesel, but less than my Falcon. I am getting about 11L/100 around town and get about 9 on the highway. So about 700KM per tank on 91 Petrol, little better for 95 and I haven't tried 98 yet, one day I will and will let you all know.

It handles great for a big car which I love cause the Falcon would be trerrible if I took corners at the speeds I take the Mondeo. The boot is huge and the hatch gives you a nice big opening. A lockable fuel cap doesn't bother me as you can't get into the fuel anyway.

Some little annoying things for me.

-The windscreen washers spray water down the side of the drivers and passengers windows, so if the windows are down, you get wet.
-If it's been raining and you open the hatch, water get caught at the base of the back window then pours into the boot.
-Could do with a proper iPod connector like the new Falcon (It's does have an AUX port, so I can still plug it in)
-Brake dust on the wheels is really bad, but I have been told thats because of the Euro brakes pads and the Australian ones are not as bad.

But I am being picky with those things, they are little things that I can live with. The car is still awesome and I am very happy with my purchase.

I highly recommend this car.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote