View Single Post
Old 29-05-2005, 11:57 PM   #84
Chris
AFF.com.au

Hey, here's the thing.......
When I went the 13.8 about a month ago, I said to myself "if I can run a 60 with the stock exhaust, i'll get serious and put the headers back on and put down a decent tune".

After I went the 64, I said "when I run a 50, I'll consider putting the headers back on". I ran a 58 once at calder, then a bunch of them at heathcote.

Today, I said to myself "if I run a 40 (yeah right)" I'll put the banger exhaust back on the car. The car ran 13.52, 13.47, 13.45

I must admit, the two 40's were with 2.06 and 2.07 60's respectively, so I think that there is more left in this baby yet. I haven't touched the tune since I first put the tune in, and I've learnt so much since then. I have taken Marks (XRFPV8) advice and purchased some ET streets, which wont make the car 60 much harder, if at all, but will give me consistent 2.0 60 ft times, and I can develop a run from there.

I am not resting here - my goal next week is to run a bunch of 40's, and within a few weeks a 30.

I'll have the headers back on soon - just want to squeeze the orange dry before I reach for the vodka :baby bott